- Tall Guns has been awarded the right to use the By Colorado logo by the byColorado licensing program. This signifies companies that are based, design their products and make their products in Colorado. (10/2014)
- Colorado West Firearms Institute has joined the Tall Guns network Affiliated Independent Instructors licensing our Colorado Handgun Permit course program serving Colorado West from the Grand Junction area. (10/2014).
- Tall Guns announces a price reduction in its combined Colorado and Utah CCW/CFP Course. The new price is $99.95 for both highly valuable permit course. (08/2014)
- Tall Guns now offers certification training for security officers in firearm, baton, handcuff, Taser and OC Spray. (05/2014)
- Tall Guns is actively instructing courses at this time (June 2020).
- To support the ongoing efforts to control COVID-19, Tall Guns will be limiting class sizes to eight (8) persons. (16 Mar 2020).
- Tall Guns is certified as the only TASER certified civilian training academy location in Colorado (10/2012)
Utah Concealed Carry (CCW)
Our Utah concealed carry permit course meets and exceeds the requirements of Utah state regulations and legislation mandate. This is not an NRA course. This class is for both non-residents of Utah and Utah residents. This course is scheduled for 4.5 hours but could be longer depending upon questions and extended subjects.
We are centrally located to Ft. Collins, Loveland, Greeley, Longmont and all of Northern Colorado (NOCO). We are only 30 minutes from the northern suburbs of Denver.
Effective 14 May 2011, you must have a Concealed Carry license (CCW) from your home resident state at the time of submitting your application.
Effective July 2017 the cost of the permit after the class is $57.00 for Utah in state applicants and $67.00 for out of state applicants.
Effective 01 Janaury 2019, the cost of the permit after the class is $53.25 for Utah in state applicants and $63.25 for out of state applicants.
This course is designed around the student whom has previous firearms handling experience as a result of holding a CCW permit from their state of residency, you do not have to be an expert marksman just know how to use a handgun.
We will teach the student the necessary topics and techniques required by Utah state mandate in order to apply for and hopefully be approved for the privilege to possess a Utah concealed weapons permit.
This is an all inclusive course including photograph, fingerprinting and mail submission service included in the price of the class.
The course curriculum includes but is not limited to the following:
- How a pistol and revolver function
- Ammunition function and identification
- Cleaning, inspection and storage
- Issues of Liability
- Law Enforcement Interaction Guidance
Utah laws and regulations
- Concealed Carry Related
- Justification of Use of Force
- Residency Protection
- Federal Firearms Regulations
- State Reciprocity
- Fingerprint service on blue FBI card
- Photograph service in Passport Size
- Mail submission service of applicaiton package to issuing agency
- and much more..
By the end of the course the student will have received:
- a certificate of course completion
all the course materials:
- course workbook over 28 pages of material
- application checklist
- actual application package
- reference materials from various manufacturers
a CD containing: (in e-book or Adobe PDF format)
- over 100 pages of US Firearms Code
- with over 51 pages Minimum Training Requirements Guidelines from the State of Utah
- with over 15 pages of Utah Administrative Rules
- with over 31 pages Utah Criminal and Traffic Code related to CFP
- the current Utah non-resident reciprocity maps
- Holstering Options
- a gift certificate for one day use of an indoor state of the art shooting facility in Loveland, Colorado a $20.00 value.
Within 5 days of the class completion you will receive:
- discount offerings for other Tall Guns services
- addition to the Tall Guns License Renewal Reminder system.