- Tall Guns now carries RATS - Rapid Application Tourniquet System. Price is $15.95 in Black, Red or Orange. EDCs are $4.00. Buying a RATS and EDC together you get a $1.00 discount. (04/2018)
- Tall Guns has been awarded the right to use the By Colorado logo by the byColorado licensing program. This signifies companies that are based, design their products and make their products in Colorado. (10/2014)
- Colorado West Firearms Institute has joined the Tall Guns network Affiliated Independent Instructors licensing our Colorado Handgun Permit course program serving Colorado West from the Grand Junction area. (10/2014).
- Tall Guns announces a price reduction in its combined Colorado and Utah CCW/CFP Course. The new price is $99.95 for both highly valuable permit course. (08/2014)
- ODIN Defensive Training has joined the Tall Guns Independent Affiliated Instructor team providing training in various locations (04/2014).
- Tall Guns now offers certification training for security officers in firearm, baton, handcuff, Taser and OC Spray. (05/2014)
- West Virginia has just announced reciprocity with the state of Colorado.(08/22/2013)
- Tall Guns has earned the distinction as a Davidson's Gallery of Guns Gold dealer. (10/2012)
- Tall Guns is certified as the only TASER certified civilian training academy location in Colorado (10/2012)
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer (RSO)
What is an NRA Range Safety Officer?
The NRA Range Safety Officer program was developed in response to the demand for a nationally-recognized range safety officer certification. NRA Range Safety Officers are people who possess the knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to organizing, conducting, and supervising safe shooting activities and range operations.
This course develops NRA Certified Range Safety Officers (RSO) with the knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to organizing, conducting, and supervising safe shooting activities and range operations.
The course is nine hours long and is conducted in a classroom and at a shooting facility. Range Safety Officer candidates will learn roles and responsibilities of an RSO:
- Range Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- range inspection
- range rules
- range briefings
- emergency procedures
- and firearm stoppages and malfunctions.
Each Range Safety Officer Candidate will receive an :
- RSO Student Study Guide
- a Basic Firearm Training Program brochure,
- an NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure,
- an Instructor Application/Course Evaluation form.
This course does not encompass the functions and responsibilities of a Range Officer, who conducts NRA competitive shooting events as defined by Rule 11.5 of the NRA Rule Books.
NRA Range Safety Officers must be 21 years of age or older.
(Lesson Plan 10-05, revised 01-10).
The scheduled class is taught at our Loveland, Colorado facility and live fire is held at an indoor shooting range; unless other wise noted.