- Tall Guns has been awarded the right to use the By Colorado logo by the byColorado licensing program. This signifies companies that are based, design their products and make their products in Colorado. (10/2014)
- Colorado West Firearms Institute has joined the Tall Guns network Affiliated Independent Instructors licensing our Colorado Handgun Permit course program serving Colorado West from the Grand Junction area. (10/2014).
- Tall Guns announces a price reduction in its combined Colorado and Utah CCW/CFP Course. The new price is $99.95 for both highly valuable permit course. (08/2014)
- ODIN Defensive Training has joined the Tall Guns Independent Affiliated Instructor team providing training in various locations (04/2014).
- Tall Guns now offers certification training for security officers in firearm, baton, handcuff, Taser and OC Spray. (05/2014)
- Rocky Mt. Firearms Safety has joined the Tall Guns Independent Affiliated Instructor team based in Colorado Springs (05/2014)
- Short Guns LLC and Protection LLC have joined the Tall Guns Independent Affiliated Instructor program (10/2013).
- West Virginia has just announced reciprocity with the state of Colorado.(08/22/2013)
- Tall Guns has earned the distinction as a Davidson's Gallery of Guns Gold dealer. (10/2012)
- Tall Guns is certified as the only TASER certified civilian training academy location in Colorado (10/2012)
Colorado Concealed Carry Course - STANDARD
Our Colorado Concealed Carry License course meets and exceeds the requirements of the Colorado Revised Statutes (C.R.S) and the recommended course content from the County Sheriffs of Colorado, Inc. for a concealed handgun (aka CCW) permit. This course is scheduled for 6.0 to 6.5 hours but could be longer depending upon questions and extended subjects.
We are centrally located to Ft. Collins, Loveland, Greeley, Longmont and all of Northern Colorado (NOCO). We are only 30 minutes from the northern suburbs of Denver.
If your are interested in a shorter course duration without this additional content please review our BASIC course (4.0 hours) by clicking here.
This course has additional content and personal defense topics not included in our basic course. Such as,
- Basic Situational Awareness and Avoidance Module - click for description of module
- Analysis of a Citizen Based Shooting Module
- Defensive Considerations module
- Course of fire using the IES Use of Force simulator
- The nationally published booklet, "Traveler's Guide to the Firearms Laws of the Fifty States" a $14.95 retail value.
This course is designed around the student whom has previous functional handgun handling experience, you do not have to be an expert marksman just know how to use a handgun. During the course of the class we will work with the student to assure that the fundamental firearms handling and safety knowledge exist.
We will teach the student the necessary topics required by the C.R.S. in order to apply for and hopefully be approved for the privilege to possess a Colorado concealed handgun permit. At the end of this course the student need only apply at the sheriff's office in the county that they reside.
Unlike our competitors whom cancel courses without a minimum of enrollees, our classes are held whether we have one or a dozen enrollees. We are client focused and have a passion to educate, enable and support our clients.
The course curriculum includes but is not limited to the following:
- OODA Loop concept overview
- How a pistol and revolver function
- Ammunition function, identification and self-defense choices
- Holstering and vehicle storage options
- Proper grip, stance and sighting techniques
- Cleaning, inspection and storage
- Issues of liability
- Escalation of force
- Law enforcement encounter and interaction guidance
- Analysis of a citizen based shooting
- Tall Guns basic situational awareness and avoidance
- Defensive Considerations, such as lasers, Tasers, flashlights, etc.
Colorado Revised Statutes:
- Concealed Carry Related
- Justification of Use of Force
- Castle Doctrine
- and much more...
- Application and issuance process and regulations
- Federal firearms regulations for the CHP/CCW Permitee
- State Reciprocity - 34 States besides Colorado
- Course of Fire using the IES Use of Force Simulator
By the end of the course the student will have received:
- a certificate of course completion
all the course materials:
- course workbook over 36 pages
- application checklist
- actual application package
- reference materials from various manufacturers
a CD containing: (in e-book or Adobe PDF format)
- over 99 pages of US Firearms Code
- with over 38 pages Colorado Revised Statutes
- the current Colorado reciprocity map
- Holstering Options
- Why would a Colorado resident want a UTAH CFP?
- published booklet "Traveler's Guide to the Firearms Laws of the Fifty States" a $14.95 value
- a gift certificate for one day use of an indoor state of the art shooting facility in Loveland, Colorado a $20.00 value.
Within 5 days of the class completion you will receive:
- contact information for an attorney to represent you in case of an event involving law enforcement
- discount offerings for other Tall Guns services
- addition to the Tall Guns License Renewal Reminder system.