- Tall Guns has been awarded the right to use the By Colorado logo by the byColorado licensing program. This signifies companies that are based, design their products and make their products in Colorado. (10/2014)
- Colorado West Firearms Institute has joined the Tall Guns network Affiliated Independent Instructors licensing our Colorado Handgun Permit course program serving Colorado West from the Grand Junction area. (10/2014).
- Tall Guns announces a price reduction in its combined Colorado and Utah CCW/CFP Course. The new price is $99.95 for both highly valuable permit course. (08/2014)
- Tall Guns now offers certification training for security officers in firearm, baton, handcuff, Taser and OC Spray. (05/2014)
- Tall Guns is actively instructing courses at this time (June 2020).
- To support the ongoing efforts to control COVID-19, Tall Guns will be limiting class sizes to eight (8) persons. (16 Mar 2020).
- Tall Guns is certified as the only TASER certified civilian training academy location in Colorado (10/2012)
NRA Basic Pistol - Instructor Led Training
The NRA Basic Pistol course teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for owning and operating a pistol safely.
The course is intended for all law abiding adults regardless of previous shooting experience or NRA-affiliation.
Course includes the following topics gun safety rules, proper operation of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols, ammunition knowledge and selection, selecting and storing a pistol, the fundamentals of shooting, and pistol inspection and maintenance.
This course includes classroom and range time learning to shoot revolvers and semi-automatic pistols.During the instructor-led-training portion of the course, the instructor(s) will validate your comprehension and application of gun safety rules; range protocol; proper handling; loading and unloading procedures; application of pistol shooting fundamentals; stable shooting positions. The insturctor(s) will also conduct a final live fire shooting qualification at a local range.
NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting class includes:
- Pistol Knowledge and Safe Gun Handling
- Ammunition Knowledge
- Fundamentals of Pistol Shooting
- Bench-rest and Two-handed Shooting
- Selecting and Maintaining a Pistol
- Practical shooting exercises are then conducted at a local range.
Warning: If you are pregnant or nursing, we require a written doctor's authorization allowing you to shoot and handle ammunition. Exposure to lead particulates in the indoor range as well as when handling ammunition may be detrimental to your child. Please consider that when making decisions regarding exposure to live-fire at the range. Consider the NRA Pistol Marksman Simulator Course as an alternative option.
The scheduled class is taught at our Loveland, Colorado facility and live fire is held at an indoor shooting range.