- Tall Guns now carries RATS - Rapid Application Tourniquet System. Price is $15.95 in Black, Red or Orange. EDCs are $4.00. Buying a RATS and EDC together you get a $1.00 discount. (04/2018)
- Tall Guns has been awarded the right to use the By Colorado logo by the byColorado licensing program. This signifies companies that are based, design their products and make their products in Colorado. (10/2014)
- Colorado West Firearms Institute has joined the Tall Guns network Affiliated Independent Instructors licensing our Colorado Handgun Permit course program serving Colorado West from the Grand Junction area. (10/2014).
- Tall Guns announces a price reduction in its combined Colorado and Utah CCW/CFP Course. The new price is $99.95 for both highly valuable permit course. (08/2014)
- ODIN Defensive Training has joined the Tall Guns Independent Affiliated Instructor team providing training in various locations (04/2014).
- Tall Guns now offers certification training for security officers in firearm, baton, handcuff, Taser and OC Spray. (05/2014)
- West Virginia has just announced reciprocity with the state of Colorado.(08/22/2013)
- Tall Guns has earned the distinction as a Davidson's Gallery of Guns Gold dealer. (10/2012)
- Tall Guns is certified as the only TASER certified civilian training academy location in Colorado (10/2012)
Colorado Concealed Carry Course - BASIC
The BASIC Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit has been taken by thousands of Colorado residents over our years of operations. It is only 3.5 to 4.0 hours in duration of time.
All of our Colorado Concealed Carry License courses meet and exceed the requirements of the Colorado Revised Statutes (C.R.S) and the recommended course content from the County Sheriffs of Colorado, Inc. for a concealed handgun (aka CCW) permit.
We are centrally located to Ft. Collins, Loveland, Greeley, Longmont and all of Northern Colorado (NOCO). We are only 30 minutes from the northern suburbs of Denver providing easy access to professional training from the Denver area.
If you desire a more extended course, which includes this basic course and other topics, please review our extended Colorado Concealed Handgun course (6 to 6.5 hours) page by clicking here.
This course is designed around the student whom has previous functional handgun handling experience, you do not have to be an expert marksman just know how to use a handgun.
We will teach the student the necessary topics required by the C.R.S. in order to apply for and hopefully be approved for the privilege to possess a Colorado concealed handgun permit. At the end of this course the student need only apply at the sheriff's office in the county that they reside.
Unlike our competitors whom cancel courses without a minimum of enrollees, our classes are held whether we have one or a dozen enrollees. We are client focused and have a passion to educate, enable and support our clients.
The course curriculum includes but is not limited to the following:
- Ammunition function and identification
- Holstering options
- Basic cleaning, inspection and storage
- Issues of liability
- Basic escalation of force
- Law enforcement encounter guidance
Colorado Revised Statutes:
- Concealed Carry Related
- Justification of Use of Force
- Castle Doctrine
- and much more...
- Application, issuance process and regulations
- Federal Firearms Regulations for the CCW Permitee
- State Reciprocity - 34 States besides Colorado
By the end of the course the student will have received:
- a certificate of course completion
all the course materials:
- course workbook over 15 pages
- application checklist
- reference materials from various manufacturers
a CD containing: (in e-book and/or Adobe PDF format)
- over 99 pages of US Firearms Code
- with over 108 pages Colorado Revised Statutes
- the current Colorado reciprocity map
- Why would a Colorado resident want a UTAH CFP?
- a gift certificate for one day use of an indoor state of the art shooting facility in Loveland, Colorado a $20.00 value.
Within 5 days of the class completion you will receive:
- contact information for an attorney to represent you in case of an event involving law enforcement
- discount offerings for other Tall Guns services
- addition to the Tall Guns License Renewal Reminder system.