- Tall Guns has been awarded the right to use the By Colorado logo by the byColorado licensing program. This signifies companies that are based, design their products and make their products in Colorado. (10/2014)
- Colorado West Firearms Institute has joined the Tall Guns network Affiliated Independent Instructors licensing our Colorado Handgun Permit course program serving Colorado West from the Grand Junction area. (10/2014).
- Tall Guns announces a price reduction in its combined Colorado and Utah CCW/CFP Course. The new price is $99.95 for both highly valuable permit course. (08/2014)
- Tall Guns now offers certification training for security officers in firearm, baton, handcuff, Taser and OC Spray. (05/2014)
- Tall Guns is actively instructing courses at this time (June 2020).
- To support the ongoing efforts to control COVID-19, Tall Guns will be limiting class sizes to eight (8) persons. (16 Mar 2020).
- Tall Guns is certified as the only TASER certified civilian training academy location in Colorado (10/2012)
1. TASER PULSE Gives You a 15 Foot Zone of Protection
TASER PULSE lets you completely stop an attacker from up to 15 feet away. Pepper spray is only effective within 3 to 6 feet. Stun guns require direct contact with an attacker’s body to be effective. TASER PULSE puts more distance between you and a dangerous situation, keeping you safe and in control when you need it most.
2. TASER is the most effective option, period.
Pepper spray loses its effectiveness over time (2-3 years.) Canisters can fail to fire or lose their stopping power. Unlike sprays that rely on pain to deter or distract an attacker, the TASER PULSE causes true incapacitation – even against people under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Only the TASER PULSE consistently delivers the same stopping power trusted by 15,000 police agencies all over the world.
3. The Disadvantages of Pain Compliance Techniques
Sprays and other self-defense options rely on pain compliance. Studies show that individuals under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol have higher pain tolerances and are often able to fight through the painful effects of sprays. TASER technology relies on Neuro Muscular Incapacitation not pain compliance. It jams sensory and motor functions, which inhibits muscular control and renders even the biggest, most aggressive attacker immobile.
4. TASER Laser Sighting Alone Can De-escalate Dangerous Situations
Studies show that 80% of potentially violent situations are de-escalated without physical force when aggressive persons are confronted with the laser sight from a TASER ECD.
Source: Auckland (NZ) and Wellington (NZ) Police Field Studies
5. TASER vs. Pepper Spray Effectiveness
Pepper spray fails to incapacitate aggressive subject in 10-15% of incidents due to low concentrations of the active ingredients, poor delivery, and variable subject response.
Source: The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), February 2009
6. Point And Shoot
Unlike other self-defense options, TASER PULSE allows you to more areas of the body effectively, giving you a broader range of options to protect yourself in a stressful, dangerous situation.
SOURCE : TASER INTERNATIONAL