- Tall Guns has been awarded the right to use the By Colorado logo by the byColorado licensing program. This signifies companies that are based, design their products and make their products in Colorado. (10/2014)
- Colorado West Firearms Institute has joined the Tall Guns network Affiliated Independent Instructors licensing our Colorado Handgun Permit course program serving Colorado West from the Grand Junction area. (10/2014).
- Tall Guns announces a price reduction in its combined Colorado and Utah CCW/CFP Course. The new price is $99.95 for both highly valuable permit course. (08/2014)
- ODIN Defensive Training has joined the Tall Guns Independent Affiliated Instructor team providing training in various locations (04/2014).
- Tall Guns now offers certification training for security officers in firearm, baton, handcuff, Taser and OC Spray. (05/2014)
- Rocky Mt. Firearms Safety has joined the Tall Guns Independent Affiliated Instructor team based in Colorado Springs (05/2014)
- Short Guns LLC and Protection LLC have joined the Tall Guns Independent Affiliated Instructor program (10/2013).
- West Virginia has just announced reciprocity with the state of Colorado.(08/22/2013)
- Tall Guns has earned the distinction as a Davidson's Gallery of Guns Gold dealer. (10/2012)
- Tall Guns is certified as the only TASER certified civilian training academy location in Colorado (10/2012)
Firearm Private Party and Related Transfers
We are a Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL) and provide services related to private party and firearm transfers from dealers. We are listed with various firms as an authorized transfer FFL for transfer services. We can accomodate transfers from various locations.
We are doing transfers for purchase from online sellers and for out of state purchases. Our standard retail rate for this service is $25.00 that includes all background check activity, fees, item receipt and record keeping for purchase received from out of the area. This is payable prior to conducting the background check using ATF Form 4473.
We conduct all our background checks by computer with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the National Insta-Check System (NICS).
For any firearm purchase be advised as a result of Colorado Legislative action and signature in law by Governor John Hickenlooper on 20 March 2013 under HB 13-1228 an additional fee/tax will be collected for background checks conducted by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the ATF. This is payable prior to conducting the background check using ATF Form 4473.